Let's get all dressed up in our Red Hats and Purple Outfits and have some fun!
Please scroll down to see our COMING ATTRACTIONS!
$5.00 Dues for 2004-2005 are payable by October 31, 2004.
Madam Butterfly, Elaine Massaro will handle all renewals
Please either mail or take your $5.00 dues check over to 610 La Jolla Avenue. If you have an address change or a phone number change, please write it on a separate piece of paper along with your check made out to Purple Butterflies -- now through October is your official renewal time. Renewal members just need to send or drop off a check at 610 La Jolla Avenue. NEW members please bring a check for $5.00 and sign up on the official sheet at 610 La Jolla Avenue. Any questions call Elaine at 634-3479. Do not combine your dues check with any function trip reservation. .
Thursday, October 14, 2004
Rogers' Christmas House & Village
We will be traveling to Rogers' Christmas House & Village where it's Christmas year round. It's located atop one of the many hills in historic Brooksville. The Christmas House is actually an enchanting village featuring five turn of the century houses filled with an array of gifts for all occasions. Stroll through the gardens and enjoy the azaleas, dogwood, and magnolia trees, as you visit each of the five decorated houses (the walking path between the houses is not on completely flat terrain so wear comfortable walking shoes). Shop for gourmet food products, Red Hat tree ornaments, and gifts for all. After shopping we will have a late lunch at the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Shopping and lunch are on your own. For this trip only we will be leaving from the parking lot on North Pebble Beach Blvd in the vicinity between the Lawn Bowling area and the North Golf Course Clubhouse Parking area (just past the library).Leaving at 9:00 AM and home at 5:00 PM. Cost of this trip is $10.00, includes tax and tip for the bus.
Sign up now, we have a few seats left!
Sunday, October 24, 2004
End of Year Banquet
Sit Down Dinner and Suncoast Mummers String Band
Our yearly End Of Year Banquet is here again. This year we will enjoy a sit down dinner. Our entertainment should be quite enjoyable with the Suncoast Mummers String Band whose many members played in the original Mummers Band in PA. This function will take place in Community Hall. Details are posted at 610 La Jolla Ave. We will be selling some official Red Hat Society items, have a 50/50 Raffle, a Calendar Raffle, and also Raffle Two Packable Red Hats. Please bring small denominations of money if you plan to make any purchase.The cost will be $25.00. Sign up today if you havenít already done so.
Saturday, November 13, 2004
Toast of Tampa Show Chorus
International Chorus Champions
Toast of Tampa Show Chorus International Chorus Champions. This year in competition, the Sweet Adelineís were in first place for the Regional Championship and in the fourth place as International Champions. Over 100 women in the surrounding Tampa Bay area are members.
Contact Cooky Hallner 634-4694 for details.
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Arabian Nights in Orlando
An Evening of Enchantment and Adventure
Arabian Nights in Orlando. We will experience a storybook tale of Romance & Intrigue amidst the splendor of the Palace of Horses. Join us for An Evening of Enchantment & Adventure. (You will choose from the luncheon banquet menu -- prime rib, grilled chicken, or vegetable lasagna; also unlimited beer, wine, and Coca-Cola products. See the complete menu when you sign up for this function.) We will leave Community Hall at 9:00 AM; return home at 5:00 PM. The cost of this trip is $32.00.
Sign up October 4.
Thursday, December 2, 2004
Homer Noodleman is back by popular demand!
The Holiday Gala on Thursday, December 2 is approaching fast. This is the occasion where you may invite the man in your life to attend. This will be a sit down dinner. Homer Noodleman will present a one-man comedy-variety show for our enjoyment. Cost of this function will be $25.00 per person. If you are interested in working on the Decorating Committee call Barbara at 634-2724. Call Elaine at 634-3479 if interested in volunteering on the Hostess Committee.
Friday, December 3, 2004
Replaces the Golf Cart Parade!
The Holiday Parade has been called off. In place of it, to start the season off, there will be a Holiday Festival on Friday, December 3 (the day after our Holiday Gala).
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM arrive with your DECORATED Golf Cart -- The best decorated cart will win a prize. I have been told that the public will be the judges.
All of the details are not available at this time.
10.00 AM the parking lot will be open for automobiles to park.
There will be entertainment and light refreshments in Community Hall.
December 8-12, 2004
Red Hat Society Holiday Fanfare!
This is the date for The Red Hat Society Florida Holiday Fanfare in Kissimee 2004. This is the 1st Red Hat Society Official Regional Convention. Exalted Queen Mother, Sue Ellen Cooper and her Vice Mother Linda Murphy will be hosting the event. Since Sue Ellen is having her first fall convention in Florida, many of you ladies might like to carpool there. The details are posted at 610 La Jolla Avenue.
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
"Phantom Of The Opera!"
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
We will be going to see the Phantom of the Opera at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center in Tampa. You may have an early dinner on the premises at TBPA on your own. More details will be available at a later date. We will be sitting in the Mezzanine Section. (If you wish to sit a little higher, away from the railing, write a "D" on your check. Also if you require a wheel chair at TBPA or even a reserved seat on the bus, please make a note of it on a separate piece of paper and include it with your check.) We will leave Community Hall at 4:00 PM; return home at 11:00 PM. Cost of this trip is $75.00, includes tax and tip. (This amount covers the play and the bus.) For this trip we will be collecting from the time you read this message until the seats are filled.
Greetings Purple Butterflies!
Message From Madam Butterfly dated October 2, 2004
Ladies, please either make a copy of this email or jot down the information that applies to you.
1. This is an important CHANGE -- Mark the following change on your calendar if you are planning on attending Rogerís Christmas House & Village on Thursday, October 14. For this trip only we will be leaving from the parking lot on North Pebble Beach Blvd in the vicinity between the Lawn Bowling area and the North Golf Course Clubhouse Parking area (just past the library). Seats are still available. Shopping and lunch are on your own. We will leave at 9:00 AM and arrive home at 5:00 PM. Cost of this trip is $10.00, includes the bus and tip.
2. Seats are still available for the End Of Year Banquet on Sunday, October 24 -- $25.00 -- the Suncoast Mummers String Band is the entertainment. Details are posted at 610 La Jolla Ave. Sign up today if you havenít already done so. We will be selling some official Red Hat Society items, have a 50/50 Raffle, a Calendar Raffle, and also Raffle Two Packable Red Hats. Please bring small denominations of money if you plan to make any purchase.
3. Time is running out -- just a few more tickets are available to see the play, Phantom of the Opera at Carol Morsani Hall at Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. This trip will be on Wednesday, December 15 -- $75.00 includes the play and bus.
4. Sign up now for the trip on Tuesday, November 16 to Arabian Nights in Orlando. Come and experience a storybook tale of Romance and Intrigue amidst the splendor of the Palace of Horses. Once there, you will choose from the luncheon banquet menu -- prime rib, grilled chicken, chicken tenders or vegetable lasagna (comes with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, roll and butter); also unlimited beer, wine, and Coca-Cola products. Leave from Community Hall at 9:00 AM; return home at 5:00 PM. The cost is $32.00, includes bus, tip and luncheon. Sign up at 610 La Jolla Ave.
5. Check with Claire Imhof, Chrystal Butterfly, at 642-0171 if you are interested in finding out more details about the Friday, December 3 Holiday Festival which will be held at Community Hall. Decorated golf carts will be judged and there will be entertainment and light refreshments.
6. The Holiday Gala on Thursday, December 2 is approaching fast. This is the occasion where you may invite the man in your life to attend. This will be a sit down dinner. Homer Noodleman will present a one-man comedy-variety show for our enjoyment. Cost of this function will be $25.00 per person. If you are interested in working on the Decorating Committee call Barbara at 634-2724 or call Elaine at 634-3479 if interested in volunteering on the Hostess Committee.
7. The next Bunco game will be Monday, October 25 in the Caper Room. Only $2.00 to join in on the fun -- make new friends and maybe even win some money. Light refreshments are included. Call Barbara, Flutterby Butterfly, for details 634-2724.
8. There are some ladies who do not or cannot drive and are looking for a ride from time to time for some of our functions. If you have room in your car and are willing to offer a ride to another Purple Butterfly, call Josie, Radiant Butterfly, at 642-8001 or email@example.com with your name and phone number -- also state which function you will be available to provide transportation.
9. Branson anyone? Barbara, Flutterby Butterfly, is planning a special bus trip on March 22, 2005, for 8 days, 7 nights -- includes 6 shows and 2 tours -- $619.00 PP/DBL. For more details contact Barbara at 634-2724.
10. We are out of the 2004 Coming Attractions and are working on 2005 trips. As soon as the details are worked out the latest flyer will be printed. Until then, check your email, Chatterpillars, and the front porch at 610 La Jolla Avenue for all updates.
11. The last of our "summer" movies will be on Friday, October 29 at 1:30 PM in the Florida Room. The cost of this function is to "dress in your club colors". We will see Miss Congeniality starring Sandra Bullock. This is a comedy, from big laughs to sly quips. If you are plan to attend, call Elaine at 634-3479 and leave a message. Hoping to see you there.
12. Your yearly $5.00 dues should be dropped off at 610 La Jolla Avenue. Checks are to be made out to Purple Butterflies.
13. Ladies, remember that the kazoo is the official RHS musical instrument and takes absolutely no musical ability to play. If you would like to join the kazoo band, called Kazooterflies, call Claire, Chrystal Butterfly, 642-0171 with your name and phone number.
14. If you possess a hidden talent at Tarot Cards, Tea Reading, or anything else a little different, call 634-3479 with your name and phone number.
15. The information for the 4th Annual International Convention at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, NV on June 24 - 29, 2005 is now available. For the latest detailed information look on the front porch at 610 La Jolla Avenue or check out www.redhatsociety.com
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
Elaine, Madam Butterfly at 634-3479 or email SCCButterflies@aol.com
OFFICERS OF THE CLUB
Elaine Massaro, FQM, Madam Butterfly at 634-3479 or SCCButterflies@aol.com
Claire Imhoff, Vice Mom, Chrystal Butterfly at 642-0171
Barbara Nightingale, Secretary, Flutterby Butterfly, at 634-2724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL bus trips leave from Community Hall (CH) on Pebble Beach Boulevard South. Please park in the parking lot closer to Weatherford Drive so we donít tie up parking spaces for those attending functions in Community Hall.
Remember to mark your calendars with the information.
PLEASE DO NOT board the bus until you sign in first and await instructions.
ALL checks for any function are made out to Purple Butterflies.
***ALL signups are on the front porch at 610 La Jolla Avenue on the dates listed. Leave your check in the PURPLE box. DO NOT LEAVE LOOSE CASH IN THE BOX - place cash in an envelope with your name on it.
Remember that you may reverse your Club Colors during your birthday month. (Purple hats are available to be borrowed.)
Anytime you sign up on a waiting list, leave your check. It wonít be cashed if you donít get to go. PLEASE DO NOT combine another ladies money on a waiting list check.
Please remember to mark your 2004 calendar with the functions you have signed up and paid for. Money will not be refunded unless there is a lady on the waiting list who agrees to take your place.
All functions are in Red hats and Purple outfits! This applies to your guest also -- if she does not have purple, navy blue or black is okay. This is the only "rule" of the club. Hats are available to borrow for a trip.
Always arrive at Community Hall approx. 15 minutes early to check in. Do not board buses until an officer of the club says it is okay to do so.
All ladies, including a guest, attending a function, must sign in on the sign up sheet. If the check is written for more than one lady, write the other name(s) on the sign up sheet too. Also put the date of the trip, on the face of the check.
If you sign up on a waiting list, leave a check to back up your name. That check will not be cashed unless you get a phone call to say there has been a cancellation and you are to replace that person. If you do not get to go, let Elaine know if you want the check back or if it can be destroyed.
If there is a condition that warrants a lady to sit at the front of the bus, please indicate it on the sign in sheet and also phone Elaine to remind her.
A REMINDER TO ALL PURPLE BUTTERFLIES -- PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY.
The only rule of this club, besides having fun, is to wear a RED hat and a PURPLE outfit. That means even YOUR guest. White is definitely NOT a replacement color, under any circumstances, for purple. Navy blue or black will be okay, temporarily, until you find a purple outfit that suits you. As for a red hat, there are many of us with more than one hat who would be happy to lend it to you. Just call 634-3479 with your request.
We are delighted to have you visit.
Please come back often for updates and new photos!